RULES AND REGULATIONS Approved by the Kennel Club 1993
- The name of the club shall be the
NORTH OF ENGLAND AIREDALE TERRIER CLUB. Its object shall be to
promote the breeding of the AIREDALE TERRIER according to the breed
standard and to further the interest of the breed throughout the British Isles.
- The officers of the club shall consist of :
These officers shall be elected at each Annual general meeting with the exception of the office of president which shall be held for a period of three years and that of vice-presidents which shall be available by subscription. No member may be voted onto the committee until he/she has been a member for a full two years. At any annual general meeting the members of the club may elect to give a member as a token of esteem the office of Honorary Life Vice-President with all the rights and privileges of any officer of the club.
- The president
- An unlimited number of Vice-Presidents
- Assistant secretary
- Two Auditors from the club or one Professional Auditor
- An executive Committee of twelve members
- The officers and executive committee constitute the general committee . The general
committee may decide to select a sub-committee to deal with any specific item should it deem necessary . Any such sub-committee should consist of five club members , at least two of which should be members of the general committee . Any casual vacancy occurring amongst the officers or committee shall be filled by the general committee but the person so appointed shall hold the office for such period only as the person in whose place he is appointed.
- No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the committee of or hold any other office or Appointment within a kennel club registered society
- The annual General Meeting shall be held at the Open Show in April to receive the report of the committee, pass the balance sheet for the preceding year ( the preceding year being 1st January - 31st December ) and to elect the officers the committee and two breed council representatives ( at least one of which shall be an officer of the club ) for the forthcoming year. Notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be sent to all members at least twenty one days in advance. A copy of the audited statements of accounts shall be forwarded only on request by a member, otherwise it will be available for inspection by members at the Annual General Meeting. No business shall be transacted at the Annual General Meeting unless notice thereof appears on the agenda with the exception of routine
matters or those which in the opinion of the chairman are urgent.
- A Special General Meeting may be convened at any time for a specific purpose by the general
committee or by five ordinary members requesting such a meeting in writing to the secretary . The objectives and notice of any such meeting shall be sent to all members at least fourteen days in advance . Any decision taking at such a meeting shall be as an Annual general Meeting.
- Meetings of members may be convened at the discretion of the general committee Notice of such meetings shall be notified to all members. The voting at all club meetings shall be by a show of hands unless otherwise determined at such a meeting. Postal votes are only allowed at the Annual General Meeting and Special General Meetings .. Proxy votes are not allowed . If the club holds secret ballot the auditors to act as independent scruteneers shall collect and declare the outcome of the vote , and shall retain the ballot papers for a period of one year and shall deal with any queries which may arise out of such a vote.
- The business of the club shall be transacted by the General Committee , all members having the right to vote with the exception of the chairman, secretary and any subscribing vice-presidents. The chairman or vice-chairman may exersise the casting vote in the event of any vote being equally divided. Five voting members of the committee shall form a quorum. The general committee shall meet as required by the business of the club , notice of any such meeting shall be sent by the secretary at least ten days in advance . ANNUAL RETURNS TO THE KENNEL CLUB .The officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year maintenance of the tittle fee will be forwarded to the kennel club by the secretary for continuance of registration and by the 31st July each year other returns as stipulated in Kennel Club regulations for the regulation and maintenance of Title of Societies and Breed Councils and the affiliation of Agricultural Societies and municipal Authorities will be forwarded to the Kennel Club. The officers acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any change of secretary of the society which may occur during the course of the year and also inform them of the month in which the societies Annual General meeting is held and to notify the Kennel club of any subsequent amendments to that date.
- Banking accounts shall be held in the name of the club into which al revenue of the club shall be paid and from which withdrawals shall only be made on the signatures of two of the following officers Treasurer, Secretary, Chairman or Vice-Chairman. The Treasurer shall maintain the accounts of he club. All expenses approved by the committee shall be defrayed by the club, but should there be a deficiency it shall be met by a call on the members at a Special or Annual General Meeting.
- Membership of the club is open to any person favourable to the objectives of the club as laid down in rule one. Any person wishing to become a member should apply to the secretary enclosing current subscription and the application will then be considered at the next meeting of the General Committee . If accepted the membership will commence from the date of the original application . In the event of the original application being made after the 31st of October the subscription will then not fall due for renewal until the next 1st January after a period of twelve months has elapsed . Excepting for these circumstances all subscriptions become due for renewal on the 1st of January each year. No member may exercise the right to vote at such a meeting until his/her subscriptions are paid up to that date. The rate of Annual subscriptions shall be such an amount as agreed by the Annual General Meeting and notified to the Kennel Club. These rates are available from the Secretary or the Treasurer . Where joint membership is taken each member of the partnership is entitled to one vote. A reduced subscription will be available for members under sixteen years entitling the member to all the benefits of the club with the exception of the right to vote at meetings. No member whose subscription is unpaid is entitled to any of the benefits of membership and if the member shall fail to pay his/her subscription by the 1st May that year the his/her name shall be automatically erased from the register . Once members have been accepted for membership , providing they continue to pay their membership subscriptions at the correct time they cannot be refused renewal of membership. With the exception of default on subscriptions the only way to remove a member from a clubs register is by the following procedure as laid down in Rules 12, 13 and 14.
- The club holds its shows and match meetings as set out by the general Committee and in accordance with the rules laid down by the Kennel Club. The overall responsibility for the running of events lies within the General Committee . The club shall hold these events to further the aims of the club and the Breed as a whole as laid down in rule one and to encourage the exchange of information throughout the breed. The responsibility for the selection of Judges , Entry Fees , Prize monies and matters concerning these events lies with the General Committee . It is expected that members of the Committee will assist in the running of these events if requested to do so by the Show Manager , Club Secretary or the General Committee . In the event of there being a change of Judge officiating at one of these events any person who has donated a special prize for that event has the right to withdraw the special prize by contacting the secretary . Club cups/ Trophies will only be awarded to paid up members.
- Any member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club Rule A42J(4) and/or any member whose dog (s) is/are disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42J (8) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the club for the duration of the suspension and/or disqualification If the conduct of any member shall in the opinion of the committee of the club be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character and interests of the club the committee at a meeting ( the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the member ) determine that a Special General Meeting be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her . Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the member giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and time of the meeting so that he/she may attend and offer an explanation . If at the meeting a resolution is passed to expel by a two thirds majority of the members present and voting his/her name shall be forthwith erased from the list of members and he/she shall thereupon cease for all purpose to be a member of the club except that he/she may within two calendar months from the date of such a meeting appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such conditions that the Kennel Club may impose.
- Any member who wishes to resign from the club must give her/his intention to the secretary on or before the 1st December. Any member who ceases to belong to the club by resignation or otherwise shall have no claim upon or be entitled to any of the effects or property belonging to the club , nor have any part of his/her subscriptions returned.
- Any member believing to have justifiable grounds for complaint against any other member by virtue of injurious or likely to be injurious to the character and interests of the club may submit his/her case in writing to the secretary who shall lay the matter before the next meeting of the General Committee for consideration and at their discretion necessary action shall be taken under Rule 12.
- The club will make a list of members names and addresses available for inspection if so requested by members of the society or the Kennel Club.
- None of the forgoing rules and regulations shall be altered or any new rule be adopted except at an Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting . Notice of the proposed alteration or addition shall be sent to the secretary not less than twenty one days before the date of such a meeting. Notice of such an alteration shall be sent to all members at least fourteen days in advance.
- The club cannot be dissolved except by the consent of at least three quarters of the members any funds or other assets shall after all outstanding liabilities have been discharged be equally divided between those memebrs whose subscriptions are paid up to date at the time of the dissolution . All challenge cups and trophies which have not been won outright at the time of the dissolution shall be returned to their donors, their assigns or heirs. In the event of any contingency arising not provided for in the rules, the General Committee shall have the power to deal with it as they deem fit.
- The club shall not join any federation of clubs or societies.
- The club recognises the kennel club as the final court of appeal.